Monday, December 1, 2008

Adventures in Macau and Hong Kong

Yesterday I returned from a two week trip to China for my job. I traveled to Macau to work on a casino/hotel project called City of Dreams. Macau is an interesting place - it's a mix of southern Europe, the Orient and Las Vegas. At the end of my trip, I had some time to explore Hong Kong. Both of these areas are a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China, which allows them far more economic and cultural freedoms than most of China. So, even though I was technically in China, it was very different than mainland China. A visa is not required to travel from the US to Macau or Hong Kong.

Two of my coworkers from the Chicago office (John and Jen) were also out there with me. All three of us love to take pictures, so the pictures I'm posting are a combination of all of our photos. John is really the expert photographer in the group, so the ones that catch your eye are probably his work. The following two links are for the pictures:
Macau Pictures
Hong Kong Pictures

No comments: