Sunday, March 1, 2009

San Diego Zoo

After finishing my first week working in San Diego, I was ready to start exploring the area. I decided to begin my first weekend at the Word-Famous San Diego Zoo! The zoo is situated on 100 acres in the northwest corner of Balboa Park. It provides refuge for 4,000 rare and endangered animals. The San Diego Zoo grew out of exotic animal exhibitions abandoned after the 1915 Panama-California Exposition.

I was very impressed with so many things about this zoo and I HIGHLY recommend visiting this incredible place. They have quality veteran staff, beautiful landscaping (the grounds qualify as an accredited botanical garden), exhibits designed around a particular habitat, and a variety of animals. The zoo is immersed in animal conservation and research worldwide.

Click here to see some of the animals I met during my visit to the World-Famous San Diego Zoo.

No comments: