Thursday, March 5, 2009

Working in San Diego

For those of you who are wondering...along with all the fun I am having, I am actually working hard too! The blog entries from my trip wouldn’t be complete without pictures of the places where I am spending the majority of time out here in San Diego: my office and my apartment. Our San Diego office recently moved to a fabulous new location that has a view of the ocean! So, while I am working hard during the day, I can look out my office window and see the ocean.

Everyone at the office has been very welcoming and they have been keeping me busy working on fire protection reports for a variety of military projects. I'm learning all sorts of things about the special requirements for military projects and I have been increasing my vocabulary with all their crazy terms. When I get back to Chicago, I will continue to help them out with the abundance of projects that are overwhelming them right now.

I’m staying at an apartment that is about a mile from the office, so it has been nice to have a short commute to work! Between my apartment and the office there are tons of stores and restaurants. And, just a couple blocks from the office is a huge outdoor mall. Everything is very conveniently located within a 2 mile radius.

Click here to see pictures of my San Diego office and apartment.

No comments: